Selection Info & Discussion Guides
By Jason F. Wright
Where had it come from? Whose money was it? Was I to spend it? Save it? Pass it on to someone more needy? Above all else, why was I chosen? Certainly there were others, countless others, more needy than me...
Her reporter's intuition insisted that a remarkable story was on the verge of the front page.
Newspaper reporter Hope Jensen uncovers the remarkable secret behind the "Christmas Jars", glass jars filled with coins and bills anonymously left for people in need. But along the way, Hope discovers much more than the origin of the jars. When some unexpected news sets off a chain reaction of kindness, Hope's greatest Christmas Eve wish comes true.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV)
The God of All Comfort
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
1. If you were Hope, what would you have done after the story about the Christmas jars was published?
2. If you were the family, how would you feel about the article published about you, and why?
3. Do you do anythig charitable at Christmas? If you do, do you like to remain anonymous and why?
4. After reading this book, will you start your own Christmas Jar tradition and why?
5. What are some of your Christmas traditions and why are they important to you?
6. If you recieved a gift like a Christmas jar, would you want to know who gave it to you and why?
7. If you received a gift like a Christmas jar, would you return the favor to someone else the following year and extend the tradition?
8. Which presents or gifts have you received that are most valuable to you? Are they valuable monetarily or meaningful, why?
9. We all have received one priceless gift--Jesus. How do you value that? Do you share that Gift? How?
10. God often provides in our time of need through other people. Has this happened to you? How?
11. Most people do most of their charitable giving at Christmas. How should we extend our giving throughout the year?
No recipes available. Suggest one now!
|Visit the Author's Site|
Book Selection Archives
Forward to a Friend
The views and opinions expressed by authors and guests on this site do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by the staff and officials of Woman to Woman, the Int'l LLL, and Lutheran Hour Ministries, who should not be held accountable for all statements and information.